Kate is available for consultations
at Lotus Health on
Tuesdays and Thursdays
8am to 6pm.
For appointments call
02 9953 5153
Heavy metals detox package
Kate Kessel NDip.Nat, RN
Kate Kessel is a Naturopath and a Registered Nurse holding Diplomas in Homeopathy, Herbal Medicine and Nutrition.
Kate has worked in the field of dentistry and healing for over 20years. She is interested in the relationship between oral health and general health, and is working alongside our dental team to optimise whole-body health and wellness in our patients.
She is also a strong supporter of the therapeutic benefits of Intravenous (IV) Vitamins, and through her years of nursing experience, dispenses IV vitamins at Lotus Dental.
Kate uses her training in Naturopathy and Medicine, together with a Computerised Electro-Dermal Screening (CEDS) system called ORION, to help identify the underlying causes of health disturbances. With this information, she is then better able to design the most effective individualised program using herbs, vitamins, homeopathics and dietary and lifestyle advice.
- Individual tooth check will identify whether disturbances in your teeth are affecting your health.
- Body organ assessment will identify which part of your body is carrying stress.
- Heavy metal, chemical or pesticide levels will identify toxin levels.
- Skeletal alignment and imbalances identifying whether the TMJ (jaw joint ) is a priority.
- Vitamin, mineral, amino acid & hormone levels identifying levels and absorption of nutrients.
- Food and environmental assessment identifying food intolerances and sensitivities.
- Dental, viral, fungal and parasitic infections can be causing stresses to your health.
Full screen initial appointment with Kate Kessel using ORION Computerised Testing is 60minutes duration.
Follow up appointments are usually at 4 week intervals and are 30 minutes duration.
Consultation fees are claimable from most private health funds.
Please note: A 24 hour cancellation fee applies
More about Electro-Dermal Computerised Screening (ORION)
ORION can also be used before and after the removal of amalgam. Silver fillings in the mouth, which are 50% mercury, are the single greatest source of mercury to the general public.
Mercury leaches into all parts of the body from the mouth. Studies have shown that the amount of mercury in the brain directly correlates to the amount of amalgam found in the mouth.
ORION can be used to screen for heavy metals, including mercury and identify where in the body organs it is being stored. It can also assess biocompatibility of all dental filling materials, including anaesthetics, prior to placement, to ensure only the ones compatible to your body are being used.
Detoxification can be a treatment choice aimed at clearing the body of heavy metals, pathogenic bacteria from damaged teeth, chemicals, parasites, virus and fungus which can all be store in the body, originating from the oral cavity.
Through ORION assessment of minerals, vitamins and amino acids, detoxification protocols can be personally designed to suit the individual using herbs, vitamins and homoeopathics.
Following organ assessment it will be clear what parts of the body need to be supported throughout this process. The liver and kidney being the major organs facilitating detoxification will be supported, along with nerves, hormones or digestion depending on what organs highlight throughout the test.
For example, every tooth correlates to different organs and tissues within the body.
- The canine tooth was found to be along the meridians affecting the eye, liver and gallbladder and reproductive organs and knees.
- An abscess or inflamed nerve in one of the front teeth may affect the ovary or uterus, kidneys or knees. It may in fact be the underlying cause of a problem in these areas.
As problems in the organs can affect the teeth so can problems in the teeth affect the organs. When dental work is done on specific teeth, the underlying organ may need to be supported.
Musculo-skeletal imbalance can originate in the mouth. Temperomandibular joint is the jawbone connection that opens and closes the mouth. Any disturbance to this joint can lead to extra pressure placed on teeth when we chew, leading to nerve pain, oversensitivity and sometimes accelerates deterioration of tooth structure. It can extend on to create structural disturbances along the spine and associated joints. ORION can help identify this as a cause of health problems.